The regulations of the Faculty of Graduate Studies generally apply to all students enrolled in graduate programs at York University. In a number of instances individual graduate programs have additional requirements; these are set out in the appropriate graduate program section of the Faculty of Graduate Academic Regulations.
Important Deadlines: Our graduate program is governed by the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Students, faculty members and supervisory committees can access term deadlines for registration, course add/drop dates, grade and completion deadlines for each 4- month term.
Health MA forms
- Assignment Deferred Standing Agreement (extension for final grade in a course) (.pdf)
- MA MRP Completion Plan (.pdf)
- MRP Guidelines (revised in October 2017) (.pdf)
- MA MRP Notification of Supervisor & Advisor form (.pdf)
- MA MRP- change of supervisor or advisor form (.pdf)
- MA MRP Proposal Submission Form (.pdf)
- MA MRP Final Discussion Report (.pdf)
- MA MRP YorkSpace Non-Exclusive Distribution Licence (.pdf)
- MA Progress Flowchart (.pdf) (revised Aug 2017)
Health PhD forms
- Assignment deferred standing agreement (extension for final grade in a course) (.pdf)
- PhD Comps and Dissertation Overview (.pdf)
- PhD Notification of Comprehensive Paper Supervisors (.pdf)
- PhD Comprehensive Examination Report (.pdf)
- PhD Supervisor & Supervisor Committee Form (.pdf)
- PhD Progress Report (.pdf) revised in April 2016
- PhD Progress Flowchart (.pdf)(revised Aug 2017)
Research Ethics Forms (MRP or dissertations)
All graduate student researchers must complete the TCPS Tutorial to establish that they have completed the necessary education component and attach their certificate of completion to their protocols. Protocols will not be accepted for review unless a valid TCPS tutorial certificate is attached.
When is Ethics Review Required?
All research involving human participants is considered research subject to review. The Principal Investigator (researcher) of any research project involving human participants:
- MUST have a protocol that describes how the researcher(s) will interact with the human participants; and
- MUST have that protocol reviewed and approved by the appropriate Research Ethics Committee before the research commences; and
- MUST obtain informed consent from ALL research participants. For minor age participants (Those under the age of 16 for minimal risk research), both parental consent and participant assent is required.
Refer to the general research ethics policies to determine the forms and procedures used if the research is minimum risk, using secondary data, more than minimum risk; and if research is part of a faculty member's project.
- MRP Ethics Protocol Form (Major Research Papers only)
- Form TD1: Thesis/Dissertation Proposal (.pdf)
- Form TD2: Research Ethics Protocol Form for Graduate Student Thesis, Dissertation, or Pilot Project (.pdf)
- Checklist for Researchers- Aboriginal-Related Research
- Informed Consent Template
- Amendment Request Form for Approved Protocol (MRP)
- Amendment Request Form for Approved Protocol (Dissertation)
Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Program Requirements
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Forms ( to address changes in registration and enrollment status)
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Forms ( Financial Assistance)
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Forms (Thesis and Dissertation)
Office of the Registrar
- Order York Transcripts Online
- Change your Official Name (.pdf)
- Change your Next of Kin, SIN, Emergency Contacts, Address / Phone / Fax / Email (click on "Change your address")
- Apply to Graduate
- Request an Office of the Registrar letter (.pdf)